Monday, March 12, 2012

Maybe I have a type after all (and my new dating profile page!) | The ...

The Story
Recently
Maybe I have a type after all (and my new dating profile page!) | The ...
Mar 12th 2012, 23:38

A few people suggested that I create a dating profile on my blog, so I managed to hack one up today (check it out here).

For now it's a copy of the profile intro I've been using with some extra stuff tossed in. Might add some pictures later on (as long as I'm not identifiable in any shape, form or way), but i'm too lazy to do anything of the sort now. Let me know what you think though.

After pasting my profile I started writing up what I personally wanted in a female companion, and I think that surprised me, because my description of the dream girl started to become more detailed and specific. So much that I was starting to wonder if I wasn't describing a real person. That maybe, somehow, I was imprinted with a sense of who she might be even though I don't know WHO she actually is just yet.

Maybe that's just the romantic, idealistic side of me dreaming again, but it's nice to think that there might be something to this. It's on my dating profile now, but I'll re-post it here for your perusal:

*******************************************

As for the kind of girl I'm looking for, physically my type seems to be women who are especially girlie, big bright eyes that just draw you in, with a soft look and expression about them (and not the permanent, stony faced scowls that seem to be so common among women these days.) Think Zooey Deschanel or Jessica Alba, pretty much the only two celebrities I've ever daydreamed about. Well, other than Rebecca Herbst that is, who I had a thing for back when I was in college (a soap opera star in General Hospital.)

Besides that, she's quiet, shy, and a bit introverted (or maybe a lot). She loves reading books, whether it's on a Kindle or iPad, although maybe she just likes to hold an actual book physically. She might have reading glasses too, granny type glasses that make her look even more adorably cute.

She dreams a lot, sometimes lost in thought, always thinking. She's kind-hearted and volunteers somewhere to help people in need. She's the type that's always looking for a quiet spot by herself in a park or an arboretum, content to watch nature and observe people.

And when she smiles, there's almost a melancholy sadness about it, and yet it's a smile that could light up my day and make me feel as right as rain again.

She's quirky and funny, and maybe a bit clumsy. She almost never curses, and might even still blush red if she says things like darn and poopie.

She cares about her looks, but not excessively so. Her hair is long, maybe slightly curly, maybe not, always beautiful. She dresses tastefully, a bit modestly, but somehow attractively. She loves animals, might have a dog or a cat that looks just as adorably cute as she does.

She has an artistic side, whether in music, art or poetry. She feels deeply, and loves deeply. She is a romantic, a true one, she equally craves intimacy and bonding with the love of her life. Soulmates are not a silly concept for her.

She sees the world through child-like eyes, always fascinated by it and viewing it with a sense of wonder.

She is, for all intents and purposes, the girl of my dreams.


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions