Sunday, March 11, 2012

While I Was Away… | covetous creatures

The Story
Recently
While I Was Away… | covetous creatures
Mar 11th 2012, 10:30

I admit it. I've been negligent. The blog has been abandoned for weeks at a time. I've teased you with the idea that I've had big, exciting things happening but have held tight to the details – until now, that is.

If you know me (or even if you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) you've likely already heard about Zoora and know that I've been consulting with them for a while. Last month I officially signed on as their Brand Engagement Director. I'm still at my day job full-time, so this has been keeping me beyond busy, but I couldn't be more excited to be a part of it.

zoora sunglasses

For those who haven't checked it out yet, Zoora is an online boutique featuring emerging fashion talent. It serves both to help women discover new designers and to expose these designers to a wider audience. That alone wins my support, but what really piqued my interest is that these designers are offering clothes tailored to you and your tastes.

So what exactly does that mean? It's not full customization, but rather a way to tweak your items, choosing from different options offered by the designer. Depending on the piece, this could include fabric, hem length, sleeves, neckline or optional detailing and embellishments. Then there's the issue of fit. When you create your Zoora account you can enter your measurements into your profile. Select styles on the site are available made-to-measure. For the rest, Zoora helps to guide you to the correct standard size by looking at the measurements for the individual piece (because, clearly, a silk cocktail dress will fit differently than a wide leather coat).

Zoora Lookbook On the Water by Nicolle Saylor
[Photo by Nicolle Saylor for the upcoming Zoora Lookbook]

The 13 designers currently on the site span a wide range of styles, from conservative classic to cutting-edge and everything in between. Some, you might have heard of (like former Project Runway contestant Althea Harper). For others this may be your first introduction (like Icelandic label Helicopter). I was thrilled to see local fave Emily Muller in the line-up – her parachute dresses and jumpsuits were already at the top of my wish list. I've discovered a few new favorites through Zoora as well: Adolfo Sanchez, an LA designer creating edgy yet feminine pieces, with an affinity for sheers, hints of shine and – if last fall's collection was any indication – leather; and K.Hendrix, an eco-conscious designer making one-of-a-kind sequins separates and shredded knits (as seen on Zooey Deschanel, Courtney Love and Juliette Lewis, just to name a few). Oh, and there are new designers joining Zoora each month.

In fact, there are quite a few big announcements coming up over the next few days and next few months – new talent, site updates, a blogger affiliate program (for those of you who are interested) and a couple major surprises. I can't give anything away just yet – another tease, I know – but if you follow along on the Zoora blog we'll be revealing hints soon.

For now I can offer you this: a sneak peek behind the scenes of our first lookbook, shot last weekend and coming out next week.

Jackie Rachel Jae Lolita

K.Hendrix Pants

Adolfo Sanchez Pants

P.S.
Right now you can enter to win $100 towards your favorite item on Zoora. If you haven't yet, get on it!

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions