Saturday, May 26, 2012

Area woman creates pieces for celebrities - Digest about Jewelry

The Story
Recently
Area woman creates pieces for celebrities - Digest about Jewelry
May 27th 2012, 03:12

Arts and crafts come in many different varieties. For some people, it may be in the form of pottery. Others may use it to make quilts or wood working. For Williston resident Sandra Schell-Geiss, that art comes in the form of jewelry.

Geiss started making the jewelry seriously two years ago. One year ago, Geiss started making jewelry for celebrities. It has been a lifelong dream to do this according to Geiss.

"I have always wanted to get my jewelry out there for celebrities to wear," Geiss said. " I thought to myself how could I do that? I stumbled upon the Artisan group which specializes in jewelry for celebrities.

Geiss was not trying to find the group when she found it.

"I originally wasn't looking for it," Geiss said. "I was in another forum and somebody had mentioned it. I thought to myself that i should check it out. I researched it and I signed up for it and then got accepted into the group."

Geiss just recently finished working on one of several exclusive celebrity gift bags.

"I just finished putting together a gift bag with my jewelry in it for Tyra Banks, Geiss said. All together, 25 of us jewelry artists were selected to make jewelry for Tyra Banks."

Geiss has worked with other celebrities in relation to her jewelry. Some other celebrities she has worked with include: Jessica Alba, Zooey Deschanel and Khloe Kardashian.

Geiss likes to do the unique style of jewelry making called Indian technique.

"I seen this type of jewelry and I liked it," Geiss said.

The Artisan group was a great find for Geiss. it helped her be able to get started working with celebrities in jewelry. " I found out about the group called Artisan and what they did for celebrities," Geiss said. "I thought I would give it a chance and I signed up and got accepted. I then started learning about the jewelry. After making them, celebrities would then select which piece of jewelry they wanted to use and pick the artist they wanted to use."

Geiss has had good fortune selling her jewelry locally and abroad. She has good sales locally and in overseas countries. These countries include Canada, France and Australia.

Different kinds of materials are used in making the jewelry. These materials include: sterling silver, various metals, gemstones, antique beads and car parts such as retainer rings and washers.

Geiss has been invited to take part in the MTV movie awards event on June 1-2. This event will take place at the GBK Gift Lounge in Beverly Hills, California.

"I will have a display with 100 gift bags that will go to a variety of celebrities," she said. "I won't know until after the event on who wore them."

Geiss who has always had a love for jewelry got her inspiration from her grandmother. "My Grandmother always inspired me even when I was a child," Geiss said. "She always had nice jewelry and knew how to wear it. Because of that, I have always loved jewelry.

Geiss has not yet met any of the celebrities that have her jewelry but hopes to soon.

Her inventory includes ankle bracelets, infinity necklaces as well as earrings and bracelets. Most of her inventory is in the price range of $34 to $200.

A typical work day for her may be 14-16 hours. Geiss starts early in the day by getting on the computer to check for customer questions or comments. Next she will take pictures of what she made the night before and edit them. The pictures then get put on the website. In the evenings, she works specifically with the jewelry and custom orders.

Geiss is married and has four kids and two grandkids. Her husband is the biggest support." He is there for me for everything i may need him for," Geiss said.

When Geiss is not making jewelry for celebrities she will be seen at the Grand Forks Arts Fest in June. She also goes to the Art in the park in Mandan and other various shows in the Williston Area when they come up.

Geiss will also get to showcase her work at the 2012 Prime-time Emmys. This will take place September 1 at the GBK Gift lounge in Beverly Hills, California.

Some companies have mottos or slogans to go with their company. The Silverschells company that Geiss has for her Jewelry is no different. "The company motto is the jewelry to be the finishing touch to make you look amazing," Geiss said. "I liked that saying so I kept it."

In an average week Geiss sells about 20-30 pieces. During the Christmas Holiday season that number is about 30-50 pieces.

When Geiss found out she was selling Jewelry to celebrities, it came with a usual response. "I was very excited," Geiss said. "It was just hard for me to believe that it was actually happening. My family was excited. My baby sister tells everyone on Facebook about it. My family has given me the nickname Mrs. Hollywood.

The Silverschells business is located at 1905 East Dakota Parkway in apartment nine. For more information on the jewelry you can call Sandra Schell-Geiss at (701) 516-4780 or by email at silverschells@gmail.com.

Random Posts

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions