Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It's a Horror to Know You:: Brittney-Jade Colangelo of Day of the ...

The Story
Recently
It's a Horror to Know You:: Brittney-Jade Colangelo of Day of the ...
May 23rd 2012, 12:58

It's a Horror to Know You: Brittney-Jade Colangelo (BJ-C) of Day of the Woman!

1. What is the first film that ever scared you?

I will never forget creeping behind the couch when I was a toddler as my mother, fast asleep on the couch, was watching Night Of The Living Dead. I watched as creatures terrorized unsuspecting citizens, and then I saw the cover of the VHS. The screaming faces, the sunken eyes, and the naked ass all sent shockwaves of pure unadulterated horror through my spine. I couldn't look at the case until I was 14 without having a Pavlovian response to it. Embarrassing, but true.

2. What is the last film that scared you?

I wouldn't necessarily call it "scared" me, but the film Lake Mungo creeped over me for hours after I had put the DVD away. I'm a huge fan of slow burn films, but I cannot recall a time where I was ever that unsettled. It's almost impossible to explain, but that film really struck a nerve.

3. Name three Horror movies that you believe are underrated.

Splinter: The storyline is a little weak and the characters aren't exactly likable, but the special effects and gore factor are out of this world. There's one scene in particular (you'll know it when you see it) that I must have rewound a good 20 times because it made me physically cringe.

Opera: We all know and love the "pins under the eyes" scene, but I don't think many people have actually seen Opera in its entirety. It was made when Argento was cranking out some real snoozefests but this is one of my favorite of his films cinematically and it's out shined so drastically by Suspiria that many forget about it entirely.

Dead Ringers: Easily Cronenberg's most highly overlooked masterpiece. Maybe it's because it's so femme-centric, and maybe it's because I'm the proud owner of a vagina, but this film scares me to the point where I want to shove a fork into my arm and twist my veins out like spaghetti noodles.

4. Name three horror movies that you enjoy against your better judgment.

The Happening: If you don't take it seriously and you think all of the actors are just trolling the film world, it'll be the most genius thing you'll ever watch. The untalented Breslin kid gets thug life on a door, Marky Mark talks to a plastic tree, and Zooey Deschanel doesn't blink…HOW CAN YOU NOT?!

Maximum Overdrive: A soundtrack entirely of AC/DC, a killer vending machine, Lisa Simpson screaming, Emilio Estevez trying to imitate a southern accent, and killer trucks. I can't help it. I can't. This movie is far too much fun not to be enjoyed for how horrendous it was made.

The Entire Final Destination Series: I'm a sucker for creative kills of acting school drop outs, over the top gore, and wretched dialogue…sue me.

5. Send us to five places on the Internet!

Fascination with Fear: Christine Hadden writes some of the most thought-provoking and hilarious posts and has a knowledge of genre references that even Seth MacFarlane would be proud of. h

Planet of Terror: Cortez the Killer is one of the most intelligent nerds I've ever met and he has a knack for knowing how to entertain a reader.

Chuck Norris Ate My Baby: With a title like that, I don't have to explain.

Rita's Work Out Video: This youtube video is absolutely everything I find hilarious rolled into 3:23 seconds and everyone should watch it.

Awkward Creations: Zach Shildwachter is the best special fx artist that never studied how to do it. He's self taught, handsome, and one of the most passionate artists I've ever encountered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions