Wednesday, May 23, 2012

TOMS Internship Fail « mackstraveling

The Story
Recently
TOMS Internship Fail « mackstraveling
May 23rd 2012, 22:41

So awhile ago I applied for a TOMS internship.

Since hundreds of people apply and there's only one spot for the one I was applying for I figured I might as well go crazy seeing as I don't have many distinguished qualifications.

I recently received an email that the position was filled.  How could I not get the job with this beautiful cover letter?!?!

Dear TOMS,

I would like to express my incredibly great interest in the social media internship for summer 2012.  I heard about this position when my mom texted me to check it out (while I was a room away), and despite that weirdness I was immediately very eager to apply.

I am currently a student at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, majoring in Journalism, although I've gone back and forth with Political Science, Spanish, Global Studies, Marketing, and Veterinary Medicine, and this is just my first year.  Ultimately, I have a huge passion for writing and also for TOMS itself and would love to be a part of such an inspiring company.  Although I have not had the wherewithal to get very involved with the One for One movement, besides buying the shoes, I would love to in the future.

You specify that you are looking for someone highly organized with outstanding follow through skills, well it just so happens I am both!  My junior year of high school while taking multiple AP courses and completing a lengthy study abroad application process I also worked 16 hours a week at a local bank as a call center agent. (fancy word for telemarketer, don't hate me)  Working there I gained excellent customer service skills and I learned how to perfect my powers of persuasion which got me many peoples social security numbers.  (It was one of the questions we had to ask for the application, I still can't believe people gave out their SS number over the phone to a stranger!)  Anyways, with all those responsibilities I learned how to manage my time efficiently and complete work under very strict time constraints.

There are also several unique facts about me which prove I am perfect for this internship.  I am an (online) ordained minister, although I have yet to officiate a wedding, I'm still convincing my friends it's legit.  I have all the presidents memorized and can sing it on command.  I make a mean PopTart.  I know where in the world Carmen San Diego is, but if I told you I'd have to kill you.  I was once retweeted by Zooey Deschanel (just kidding, a girl can dream).  The only thing that might be questionable whether or not I could handle this internship is that I cannot complete a perfect cartwheel.  I'm not sure how seriously that affects my eligibility, but I hope we can move past it.

Overall, I would make the perfect intern because of my fun personality and eagerness to learn.  Along with this, I am also a positive team player, great multi-tasker, and very detail-oriented.  My spring semester ends May 10th so I would be available for work anytime after that, or actually even before that, next week, tomorrow maybe…

Thank you for your time and consideration.

TOMS on,

Mackenzie Harding

I guess I'll have to keep my day job.

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions