Monday, May 21, 2012

Underneath The Gloomy Stars Within My Heart: Storm & Grace ...

The Story
Recently
Underneath The Gloomy Stars Within My Heart: Storm & Grace ...
May 21st 2012, 20:41

Listening to Storm And Grace only one thing keeps repeating in my mind. The music sounds incredible. The lyrics are ok. The vocals - bad. Storm and Grace is nothing like her previous two albums which were much more rock oriented and heavier in the music sound tech area. This new album is much more country, folk, raw and bare. No cursing. No 'your an idiot and I hate your guts' type of songs.

The album was produced by T-Bone Burnett.

I feel the music is just too good for the type of voice Lisa has. I liked the first single You ain't seen Nothing Yet although her voice in the song was mumbling through, the music is what got me into the song.

I can only imagine had it been Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood or Zooey Deschanel singing instead of Lisa, this album would have incredible. Such a waste of great music on such a poor singer.

Lisa darling, I hope this is your last album. Going by how badly the album flopped at the charts, it might just be her last album.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions