Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Zooey Deschanel for Glamour magazine US

Daily celebrity fashion, style news and offers from the girls at OSOYOU.com


Zooey Deschanel has blown me away this morning with her latest magazine cover for Glamour Magazine US. The New Girl actress, who is the cover star for 'The Guy Issue' February 2013, looks absolutely stunning in a shimmering blue Prabal Gurung dress featuring a bustier style top and white panels. I don't know about you, but I love when Zooey wears blue; it compliments her fair complexion and makes her incredible eyes pop!


zooeydeschanelglamourcover2013.jpgGracing the cover of both the magazine and the bonus hair supplement inside, the 33-year-old wears her curls in a half up, half down style with her fringe/bangs parted to frame her doe eyes. Whilst the retro hair and make-up, quirky nail art and even the vintage style of the dress are all things we've come to expect from Zooey, she looks more sultry, and, for lack of a better phrase, more 'grown up' than usual. Inside, she gives an honest interview teamed with a stylish yet fun 'girl on the farm' photo shoot, in which she lassos a male model and poses with animals whilst wearing dresses by Oscar de la Renta and Balmain, bustiers by Rebecca Minkoff and John Rocha, a variety of Louis Vuitton jewels and Manolo Blahnik pumps.


For all the superficial reasons we admire Zooey (the looks, the clothes, and the hair - OH THE HAIR) her self assurance and level headed personality outshine them ten fold. As she continues to make a name for herself in the industry, it seems she's determined not to be seen as her loveable, yet ditzy New Girl character."I think a lot of people think that they know me. I'm not Jess; I just look the same," says Deschanel. Check out some of our other favourite quotes from the interview below:


zooeydeschanelglamourmagazine2013.jpg

On being seen as an oddly controversial figure to some women and her critics...

"I'm just being myself. There is not an ounce of me that believes any of that crap that they say. We can't be feminine and be feminists and be successful? I want to be a f--king feminist and wear a f--king Peter Pan collar. So f--king what?"


On if she feels pressure to look a certain way...

"I don't. But actresses have definitely gotten thinner over the course of my lifetime. Women I admired growing up-- Debra Winger, Diane Keaton, Meryl Streep--were all beautiful and thin, but not too thin. There are a lot of actresses who are unhealthy-skinny--much, much too skinny. You can't Pilates to that. I'm a very small person, and if I lost 15 pounds, I'd look like them; it's scary. For young girls, what does that say? You need to look this way to be successful? That's not true. You do not need to look or be anorexic to be successful in Hollywood. The range of what's acceptable is larger than what people believe."




Source:


http://www.osoblog.tv/2013/01/zooey_deschanel_for_glamour_ma.html






The News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com