Wednesday, October 30, 2013

FASHIONISTA SPOTLIGHT: Irene Nunez | College Fashionista


Right before heading off to my last class of the day, I spotted this Fashionista wearing the perfect summer to fall transition outfit. Her circle skirt and chambray tie-front shirt are perfect summer staples. These pieces, paired with a cardigan and patterned scarf and tights are a great way to incorporate your summer clothing items into your winter wardrobe.


Name: Irene Nunez


Major: Criminal Justice and Sociology


Year: Senior


CollegeFashionista: What do your daily outfits consist of?


Irene Nunez: I work at a law firm so I dress formal. The outfits are kind of boring but I try to make it more lively with accessories. For school I usually wear what I’m wearing now. I try not to dress too fancy but not too dressed down. When I go out I like to wear wedges, specifically.


CollegeFashionista: Who inspires your style?


IN: Zooey Deschanel. She’s really quirky, dresses really cute and I like her personality. I also like Lady Gaga. She’s bold and doesn’t care what people think.


CF: What do you never leave your house without?


IN: In the winter, it would be socks. I like to mix and match them so I’m never wearing the same ones. In the summer, it’s sunglasses.


CF: Do you have any favorite designers?


IN: I don’t really like designer clothes. Since I am a Sociology major, buying expensive name brand clothing goes against what I believe. I mostly shop at secondhand stores because they give back to the community by offering jobs to people out of prison or have been rehabilitated. I also like to shop at American Apparel because they support immigration and pay their employees really well.


How To: In order to transition your summer wardrobe into fall, begin with a circle skirt. American Apparel and Urban Outfitters have circle skirts in a variety of colors. Add a chambray tie-front shirt and cardigan to complete the basis of the outfit. A patterned scarf and tights are a great way to add personality to this outfit. Finish this look with a pair of oxfords and maybe even some mismatched socks. Also try adding pieces from your own summer wardrobe to incorporate into this great fall transition outfit.


Style On,

Maddison Redmond




Source:


http://www.collegefashionista.com/fashionista-spotlight-irene-nunez/






The News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com