Monday, November 11, 2013

Elf's 10th Anniversary | mcillustrator





Buddy the Elf & Jovie (Will Ferrell & Zooey Deschanel

Buddy the Elf & Jovie (Will Ferrell & Zooey Deschanel)



My favorite Christmas movie, Elf, turned 10 this week! Each year I can’t wait until the Christmas season arrives so I can break out the Elf DVD and watch it non-stop. It never gets old to me. I love the comedy of Elf, of course; it is Will Ferrell at his best. But I also love the message about the Christmas spirit, the underdog & fish-out-of-water theme, and not being limited to what society tells you to be. So I decided to paint a full image of Buddy & Jovie in the North Pole with the arctic animals.


Will Ferrel (Elf)

Will Ferrel (Elf)



I painted this first Buddy the Elf illustration a few years ago for my Christmas cards. Since then I have used this image for my social network icons many times. Then a couple years ago while I was a teaching associate at The Rock School, the students would request coloring pages from me. I knew most of them were big fans of Elf (who isn’t?) so I decided to turn my caricature into a full coloring page for the students to color. I did a Buddy and Zooey DeschanELF coloring page- you can find both in my ‘Coloring Pages’ section.




Source:


http://mcillustrator.com/elfs-10th-anniversary/






The News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com