Friday, November 15, 2013

My favorite leading ladies | Richelle Moulin



One of the benefits of my recent “happy rut” is that I’ve been able to discover awesome TV shows (and by discover, I mean binge-watch an already popular show from the beginning on Netflix until I’ve caught up to the rest of the world). Now, up until about a year ago, I hadn’t really watched TV in over 2 years. That’s almost a lifetime in TV land. Needless to say, I had a lot of catching up to do.


Normally I don’t believe in role models, but I must admit there are some pretty kick-ass leading ladies on the small screen these days. Here are a few of my current woman-crushes:


Leslie Knoepe from Parks and Rec


Leslie is the epitome of girl power. She takes strong stances on issues she cares about, never apologizes for who she is, has strong female role models of her own, and won’t stop until she succeeds at making the world – or at least Pawnee, IN – a better place. I don’t quite understand her obsession with waffles, but if that’s what it takes to bag Adam Scott, I’d be willing to give it a try.


Lily and Robin from How I Met Your Mother


Lily and Robin are very different in many ways, but very similar in the ways that matter. First and foremost, they would go to the ends of the earth for their friends. That kind of loyalty is hard to come by these days. They embrace who they are and aren’t afraid to express themselves and go after what they want. Though they sometimes make mistakes (ex: when Lily left Marshall to spend the summer in San Francisco), they’re big enough to own up to it and apologize.


Daenerys from Game of Thrones


I realize that Daenerys is a bit of a stretch when talking about modern lady role models. But you have to admit, Daenerys is a BAD. ASS. I mean, she’s leading an entire army of barbaric warriors who are completely loyal to her because she is a fair and just leader. She is always calm, cool, and collected and handles every obstacle with grace and thought. AND she’s the mother of dragons. Can you say kicking ass, taking names?


Jessica Day from New Girl


I know, I know. Everyone’s SO over the whole Manic Pixie Dream Girl thing personified by Zooey Deschanel in her role as Jessica Day. But hear me out. Although I don’t agree with some of the things Jess does, I really admire her fearlessness. She knows who she is and lives her life how she wants no matter what. She cares fiercely about her passions and loved ones. She’s in touch with her feelings and isn’t afraid to express them to others. And her skirts are adorable.


This is obviously not an exhaustive list of all the fabulous female characters gracing our living rooms every week. But since the finale of Gilmore Girls back in high school, these women have been able to fill my heart during this post-Rory Gilmore era.





Source:


http://richellemoulin.com/2013/11/15/my-favorite-leading-ladies/






The News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com