Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes 2014: Best and Worst Dressed | Anne Hogan


Alright, Hollywood, I love you, but you didn’t give me much to work with last night. There were a few stand out dresses, but most of them were only alright. Not great, not awful, just there. So let’s dig in.


(All images from E! Online.)




Worst Dressed


Sandra Bullock



I love you, SandyB, but I don’t love this dress. I’m not a fan of the color blocking, but my biggest issue is the fit and fabric. It wasn’t steamed properly, and it’s weirdly wrinkled around the bottom. Plus, the top just doesn’t seem to fit right.


Drew Barrymore



I have no idea what’s going on here. Is Drew trying to camouflage her pregnancy by dressing as a rosebush?


Zooey Deschanel



We get it, Zooey, dressing like a ballerina going to prom is kind of your thing. But we’re over it. At least I am. I would love to see her dressed like a grownup adult woman.


Zoe Saldana



I don’t even know what’s going on here, because there is way too much going on here.


Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting



I adore Kaley, and you have no idea how much it pains me to put her on my Worst Dressed list. But Kaley, honey, that dress just washes you out. And the top doesn’t fit right; if she lifts her arms up, that sucker is going to end up around her waist.


Lena Dunham



At this point it kind of feels like an easy shot to put Lena Dunham on a worst dressed list. The thing is, she was really close with this one. She’s got a great hourglass shape, and if this dress fit correctly it would have been great. But it’s stretching and folding around her midsection, and the top looks like it’s cutting off circulation to her cleavage.




Best Dressed


Sofia Vergara



Kaley and Lena take note, this is how a strapless gown is supposed to fit. I love that it’s so simple and elegant, it’s princess fun in grownup black. It’s perfection.


Kate Mara



I can’t put my finger on what I love about this dress, it all just works. I love the retro feel and while there’s a lot of pleating and ruching, it works together without being overwhelming.


Kerry Washington



Now this is how you rock pregnancy on the red carpet! I love Kerry, she always looks so effortlessly elegant, and tonight was no exception. I think I would love this dress even if she wasn’t pregnant.


Margot Robbie



First things first, the fit and tailoring on this dress is perfect. I love the clean lines in white, and the beaded detailing that matches her shoes? Swoon.


So those are my picks, what were your favorite and least favorite looks from last night?




Source:


http://www.annehogan.net/2014/01/golden-globes-2014-best-and-worst-dressed/






The Late News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com