Sunday, February 26, 2012

Classy In KC: Ridiculous Obsession with Love

The Story
Recently
Classy In KC: Ridiculous Obsession with Love
Feb 27th 2012, 07:03

If you recognize the title as a line from Moulin Rouge then kudos to you! It's a fantastic movie and if you don't go watch it. 


I'll be the first to admit I am obsessed with the idea of love. Tonight I was watching the movie City of Angels, the one with Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage, with some pals and I just started bawling when Nick started talking about how just one kiss with Meg was worth giving up eternity.

In the middle of my cry/laughing because I was crying fest I yelled: "I just want to be loved!!"

But why am I and basically every other single person on the plant so obsessed with the idea of being in love? I can't really answer that other than that being with someone that completes you must be the best thing in the whole world so we strive to have that.

The craziest part is that when we are in love we take it for granted. I think we forget how difficult the journey to get there was. All the work that goes into loving someone and accepting their faults and flaws. It's not easy! But once we're there we think, Love? Ha. I could find love with someone else easy!

Then we become single and realize that's not the case at all. Love isn't a something that comes along everyday. It can't be delivered at your door step with your morning paper. It's something that has to find you or be found. That's what makes it so special.

I feel like sometimes we take how special love it for granted. We look around and see tons of people in love everyday so that must mean it's common-place when really it's nothing short of extraordinary that two people were able to find each other and then find that spark and THEN want to put effort forth to make things work!

So I guess what this post really has turned into is that you should never take love for granted. Never forget the work you put in to get there and be thankful you have it.

As for me, I'm only 20 and I've already been in love once. That's pretty lucky if you ask me. Even though it didn't pan out I have to rest of my life to find the real true love and when I do you can bet I'll cherish it.

As Always, Stay Classy
XOXO

Hayley

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions