Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ember's Corner: February Style Loves!

The Story
Recently
Ember's Corner: February Style Loves!
Feb 29th 2012, 08:50

Hey everyone!

Apologies for my delay in posting - I am officially a lazy terrible blogger!  

I was meant to post this yesterday evening but went to River Island in search of a necklace instead - don't worry though karma got me - they didn't have any in stock!  So on to my previously scheduled posting!

There have been so many Awards shows and red carpet events over the last month that I wanted to dedicate a post to an overview of all of my February 2012 'Style Loves'.

Here goes (hope you like my picks!):

The Oscars 

Gwyneth Paltrow; Natalie Portman; Jessica Chastain

There were some absolutely stunning outfits at the Oscars this year but my absolute favourite has to be Natalie Portman.  Her red vintage polkadot Christian Dior dress was so pretty and I loved the way she styled it - she looked like a glamorous 'old Hollywood' starlet!  

I also really liked Gwyneth Paltrow's Tom Ford cape dress, although I totally agree with Dita Von Teese's tweet that this look was in desperate need of a red lip!

Award Show Glam

Katy Perry; Michelle Williams; Taylor Swift; Zooey Deschanel

So many award shows.....so many fabulous choices!  

My favourite Awards Show outfit is definitely Taylor Swift at the Grammy Awards 2012 - she looks so stunning in this gold and nude tone Zuhair Murad dress!  

But I also really like Zooey Deschanel's look for the Writers Guild Awards red carpet event - the tartan gown is so different and makes her look as quirky and adorable as ever!

Brightly Coloured Beauties 

Nina Dobrev; Vanessa Hudgens; Rachel McAdams; Emmy Rossum

Nina Dobrev definitely rocked with her style choices at New York Fashion Week this year!  She chose four gorgeous outfits whch all looked amazing on her - especially this eyecatching electric blue dress which she wore to the Monique Lhullier show.  The colour really compliments her skin tone and makeup perfectly!

However I am in a totally love/hate relationship with Emmy Rossum's look - I adore the dress!  It's so girly and a gorgeous shade of lemon but I am soooo not a fan of her eye makeup or the orangey fake tan look! She looks a little too washed out which sadly brings down the pretty dress.

The Duchess

My very last outfit pick of the month (with a section all to herself) is our gorgeously glam Duchess of Cambridge!  She wore this adorable grey number to the National Portrait Gallery and I absolutely love this look!  

I need to get my hands on a similar looking dress asap for my work meetings - so classy and chic!

------------------

Who were your favourite style icons of February 2012?  Any favourites from my choices above? Let me know in the comments below!

Em

x 

PS: Don't forget to follow my blog and Twitter: @emberdrake

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions