Monday, February 27, 2012

Vienna Waits For [Me]: Highs and No Lows

The Story
Recently
Vienna Waits For [Me]: Highs and No Lows
Feb 28th 2012, 07:12

Happy Monday everyone! Although blogging is probably the last thing I should be doing right now, I wanted to share how wonderful my busy day was.
Started off by awaking to Allison's alarm... which went off while she was in the shower. That was a super confusing moment, but at least I was awake! I was able to get a little homework finished right away in the morning.
For my classes. Well, today we learned about HIV/AIDS in micro class. I mean, most people know a good amount about this disease, but I still learned some really interesting things! Like how it gets into our human cells and reproduces. And how there are four different ways that our human cells kill the virus, which actually leads to the virus spreading more ferociously. In choir, we were finally able to sing straight through three of our songs, instead of only working on sections. That felt so good! We sing in a church in Lansing on Sunday, so we are pulling everything together for that. Anatomy... was a struggle to stay awake in to be honest. I love that class, it's just super long. But I learned how amazing small details of our respiratory system are! Like surfactant, a body fluid which prevents our alveoli from collapsing in on each other. Neat stuff! I also got my test back, and am content with my grade. Especially after I realized that the Scantron counted one of my correct answers as wrong!  2 more points back!
After that, I went into work. Discussed music with Kirstie for a while. I had introduced her to Over the Rhine last week, and now she is hooked. I accomplished a lot, and then headed off to a very short Student Association meeting with my task force.
Tonight was the first time this semester that I was able to go to Pass It On. As part of the Service Committee, I take a group every other Monday night (more often if students express the desire) to the Pass It On thrift store. Tonight was crazy busy, but I loved it. I took three girls, and they all worked so hard and were so pleasant to get to know! Only one of the regular volunteers was there tonight, and she had me help run the show since I knew my way around. It was pretty fun!
After parking the giant van (I still refuse to back that thing into its parking space), I quick went to the gym for Zumba. Well, in my rush of packing gym clothes earlier that day, I had forgotten about gym shoes. So I had to dance in my socks (I still rocked it though!), and walk all the way back across campus in athletic shorts and my fancy boots. Keeping it classy.
One of the best highs was Bible study with Lette's floor. She and her floor are so nice for inviting me in! We went over Philippians 4, which is one of my favorite chapters of the Bible. I will insert a passage here. Read it carefully. It's so amazing! Paul gives so much guidance and reassurance for life. 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
10 I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

So rich! After Bible study, Danielle and Sarah came over for a "less than one dollar gift exchange." We thought of this last night, so we had a day to come up with something that costs us less than a dollar. I made a country CD, since we all enjoy country music and I have a bunch of blank CD's just laying around. It went to Danielle, and she gave me a lil pig! But wait! This lil pig could open up, and it had inside of it a quarter, a Now and Then candy, and a picture of Zooey Deschanel. Love her. Makes me super excited to watch New Girl tomorrow!


Well, those were all my highs. Low... now I have to finish doing some homework. Ah well. I'm a student, and it's what I'm here to do! Goodnight everyone!

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions