Thursday, March 8, 2012

Aleisha Force » Tigers Be Still. Still, I say!

The Story
Recently
Aleisha Force » Tigers Be Still. Still, I say!
Mar 9th 2012, 06:15

So, I'm in this play that opens tomorrow night at Dallas Theatre Center.  It is my last play while a grad student at SMU.  It's called Tigers Be Still and it is a comedy about depression.  It was written by Kim Rosenstock, who writes for New Girl on Fox starring Zooey Deschanel.  And it's funny.  I've never been tempted to break (or "corpse", for my British friends) onstage, but every night, as my character sleeps on the couch, just 10 feet from an audience, another character says the funniest lines in the play.  My character Grace is asleep.  But I am not.  I am dying inside and doing everything in my power to keep my face relaxed.

My costume is sweats and my entire make-up routine consists of adding circles under my eyes.  I am never without a bottle of Jack Daniels and I don't even bother with shoes.  Grace is drastically different from Barbara the Museum Curator in Boom, Annette Raleigh in God of Carnage and Emilia in Othello.  I've had quite the actor's workout since October.

We play 8 shows a week for more than 2 months.  But we only have 99 seats in the house.  I can't tell you how many performances are already sold at 90% and we haven't even opened yet.  Here is the link to the DTC website so that you can see dates.  If you email me, I can reserve you 2 half-price tickets for any show.  After the discount, that is $15-$20 per ticket.  Students are always $12.

And because it is cool to say that my name appears on BroadwayWorld.com, here's a link to the Press Release and cast photo.

Here's what the outside of the Wyly Theatre looks like this week in the Arts District of Dallas.

And here's a picture from the first day of rehearsal.  My script and my trusty Jack Daniels bottle.  And the coffee mug that helped make a professional show mixed with acting grad school possible.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions