Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ambient Light: The (2nd) Best Show On TV

The Story
Recently
Ambient Light: The (2nd) Best Show On TV
Mar 8th 2012, 18:44

Last fall I declared "Parks and Recreation"
the best show on TV, and I stick by it
completely.
In fact, I would say it has been the best
show for the last couple years; it's just
too bad not many people know about it.
And I know I don't watch much TV
at all, so I can't be a great judge, but
I also know that if a show is unique and
wonderful, then I will gravitate to it.

But if you take away "Parks and Rec",
it's easy for me to declare another show
the best show on TV, and its only its first year.
"New Girl" premiered last year after Glee,
and immediately charmed the pants off
everyone who was lucky enough to watch it.
It's unlike anything I've ever been witness
to on broadcast television; it's original, sweet,
funny as hell, and inventive--a lot of qualities
that FOX looks for in a show, but don't find
often.
The incredible Zooey Deschanel stars as
Jess, a sweet, quirky, single girl who moves
in with three other guys in need of a roommate.
The men are all unique in their own ways,
and nowhere near normal, but care for
each other like family. 
The show follows this group as they search
for love, quarrel about the apartment,
and rant about pop culture.
Recently I just read a glowing review
of "New Girl", saying it epitomizes this
century and what it's like to grow up
as a young adult in today's culture.
I couldn't agree more.
I haven't laughed this hard at a show
since "Will & Grace" ten years ago.
It's writing is so fresh and aggressive that
it takes your breath away. 
The performances make you want to stand
and applaud at the end of the show.
This isn't your regular comedy, or dramedy
if you will; this is something special that
we will be seeing and hearing about for a long
time to come.

Like I said, I don't really watch TV, but
something about this show has me coming
back for more every week.  It takes just
one viewing to hook you, and if it doesn't, then
I feel sorry for you. 
No sitcom on TV captures the essence
of young love, the success and failures of
being a young adult, and the beauty of life
better than "New Girl".  It's dialogue is
wittier than most award-winning movies,
and it's brave, fresh style has reinvented
the modern-day sitcom.
Led by Deschanel, this show is a must watch.
Like an energy drink, it will rejuvenate you
and power up emotions you never thought
you'd use watching a TV show.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions