Monday, March 5, 2012

Fashion, Lust, and Pixie Dust: Six Missions to Multiply My Moxie

The Story
Recently
Fashion, Lust, and Pixie Dust: Six Missions to Multiply My Moxie
Mar 6th 2012, 04:53

1) Paint my toes every week. No matter how tall or short, fat or skinny, freckled, poxed or pale you may be, you always have the chance to like your feet. Manicures chip, pedicures (unless you're a dancer in which case you probably love your body anyway so fuck you) don't. Whether hidden in boots or exposed in bare feet knowing that flash of color is on my piggies should brighten my day.

2) Do Zumba with my mom. My mother and I share many things. Genetics, compulsions, a love of food and a lack of exercise ambition. Together we will go forth and try to become those women. The ones who exercise for fun and run when no one is chasing them.

3) Be naked. I may not love my body, but I'll learn to accept it, one bare-bodied jaunt at a time.

4) Follow through on my spurts of ambition. I always have these pangs of entrepreneurship and I never pursue them. Not any more. Million dollar idea, here I come.

5) Stretch. Sometimes I wake up and feel my back shrivel like the paper wrapping pushed down at the end of a straw. I'm already a bit adverse to furniture, might as well spend my floor-television-downtime loosening my body. My body may not be a temple, but it at least needs to be a government building. Respected, well-taken care of, maybe a little dirty, but full of character.

And 6) Write down all my thoughts. They may not all be golden, but they are all mine. Maybe even this one isn't great. Still feels good to write it down. One day maybe my random thoughts will be the point of fascination for some artsy kid like Jim Henson's doodles or Alexander McQueen sketches or Zooey Deschanel's pondering on kittens.

Wishing you piggies, hustle, and new found muscles,
Pixie Monroe

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions