Wednesday, March 7, 2012

NOTD - Beauty UK Smokey Lilac & Gosh Silver Star

The Story
Recently
NOTD - Beauty UK Smokey Lilac & Gosh Silver Star
Mar 7th 2012, 10:30

Gosh-starry-night-nails

After yesterday's pretty Zooey Deschanel inspired nails (here) I really didn't want to remove them to re-paint them for my 30 days of nails challenge! But I did as I feel I need to stick at this as I really have enjoyed it so far! 
You can view all past nail posts in my 30 days of nails challenge - here

So for today's/yesterdays nails I decided to go for something quite neutral with a bit of sparkle as I was going out for a meal at night and different want anything too bright or nail art-y.

DSC_0312

For the base nail polish I applied two coats of Beauty UK Smokey Lilac (£1.99 Superdrug) which is such a lovely shade and formula for the price. I then applied a single coat of Gosh Silver Star (£5.00 Superdrug) (which I really think should be re-named 'Starry Night' as it reminds me of the stars) and Voila! 

I am actually tempted to see what Gosh Silver Star would look like with a few more coats as one coat does give quite a good covering for a glitter nail polish. So it would be nice to see what this polish would look like built up to being opaque. Though I am pretty sure it would be a nightmare to remove! 

DSC_0323

I must admit though that these are pretty boring nails really but there is something about them that I like. Maybe it is that there is glitter but it's not over the top... it's just subtle and pretty!

Really looking forward to showing you the nails I am sporting today, tomorrow! I decided to go for a bit of nail art that is very spring like and pretty and I love them! 

Fee xo.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions