Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Organized Mess: Style Inspiration Through the Years

The Story
Recently
Organized Mess: Style Inspiration Through the Years
Mar 21st 2012, 20:45

Lately I've seen so many blog posts about "style inspiration", and I can honestly say, when it comes to me, I've had the same "style icon" since 2007 and that's Taylor Swift (in case you guys haven't figured it out by now). Haha. I obviously have other style inspirations that I look up to. Sometimes I like to go for sweet and girly like Taylor and Zooey Deschanel or lean more towards "high fashion" like the Olsens, or edgy like Kate Voegele and Miley Cyrus. I love having a mixture of style icons to create my own sense. 

I was looking back at old pictures from the last few years and noticed a lot of the things that Taylor Swift wore "I had to have". It's so funny to look back, I've stopped buying everything that looks exactly like my style icons and instead just take pieces of inspiration. 

2007

I once had to have sweater dresses because I saw her wearing them. This is also when I started wearing sundresses. Let's not forget about the cowboy boots either.

 2008

As SOON as I saw Taylor Swift wearing those brown fringe boots I had to get my own pair, and I wore them with everything until they fell completely apart. And of course, I had a skirt similar to the last one

 2009

I finally got a pair of riding boots that I always wore with tights and I belted everything. 

 2010

This is where my constant love for plaid came from and my sweater with the giant peace sign came from. 

2011

This is when I finally started to do more of my own thing, ha. Of course, all of her girly and lady-like pieces were really inspiring! As you can see here and here

2012

So far this year, I have been loving her style! I feel like it has changed dramatically the last few months going from quirky and cute sundresses to much more lady like and "fashionable" outfits. What are your thoughts?

If any of you decide to do a style-icon post please let me know and I will check it out and post a link to it! Can't wait to read about your inspiration. You can check out more of my inspirational pictures here.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions