Sunday, March 4, 2012

rip her to threads: my body's a zombie for you

The Story
Recently
rip her to threads: my body's a zombie for you
Mar 4th 2012, 19:44

As you may have noticed, I have spent the afternoon tinkering around with my blog, in much the same way as a man spends a Sunday afternon tinkering away under a car with no idea what he is doing. It is an ongoing work in progress. 

The soundtrack to my tinkering has been Ryan Gosling's and Zach Shields' band Dead Man's Bones. Obviously I am very late to this party, but was I interested to hear them after Gosling's version of 'You always hurt the ones you love' from Blue Valentine - his voice is really distinct. I didn't expect to freaking love them. I love the macabre lyrics and themes, the kid's choir dressed as ghouls, the spooky old-school crooner style vocals.They combine two of my favourite things; 1950s Americana high school, and gothic horror. It's like that Halloween episode of MSCL. Yes, everything can be brought back to MSCL. Stand out tracks for me are 'My body's a zombie for you', 'Lose your soul' and 'Flowers grow out of my grave'. Go and youtube and spotify the shit out of them now. I might even buy the album.Hey girl, and wouldn't you love to hear a duet between Zooey Deschanel and Ryan Gosling?! IKNOWRIGHT


You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions