Friday, March 16, 2012

Styled By Jen Newsletter Blog

The Story
Recently
Styled By Jen Newsletter Blog
Mar 17th 2012, 01:48

Styled by Jen Wigs Out! 

Mark your calendars- I will be leaving town for a bit. I will be spending the months of June and July in beautiful South Carolina as Wig Master/Hair Supervisor for The Arts Center of Coastal Carolina's production of SHOUT!  That's a mouthful! I am very excited about this gig because you all know how much I love retro hair and I will get to design the looks along side the director and maintain the styles for the run of the show! So mark your calendars because I'll be out of NYC for those two months. I hope you love me enough to come crawling back when I come home though ;)
My Secret Shopping Spot
Saving up for a new flat iron? Can't afford that CHI brand you love? I found a little hot spot with bargains you will love!!!
Ever heard of a little store called TJ Maxx? Yup, it's not just for deals on clothes and housewares.
I frequently find CHI products, Bed Head and other high end beauty  products at TJ.
I usually go to the one on 6th Avenue and 17th street in NYC but sometimes hit the 57th street store as well.
'

I made out yesterday with a mini flat iron and curling iron. that came as a set for $20.

Some of their high end irons go for between $20 and $40. So you know you are getting a deal...and yes, they work. Just like anything else at TJ Maxx, these are items are from stores or salons that simple over-ordered. It's a win-win situation for us!

Celebrities Aren't Born with Perfect Hair

So stop comparing yourself. They pay a lot of money on hair and make-up and not to mention personal trainers and nutritionists. Some of your favorites frequently wear extensions to achieve that luscious hair. For example:

Kim Kardashian

With Extensions
Without
Don't get me wrong. She still looks great but her hair is definitely a lot thinner and gets a little stringy towards the bottom...just like the rest of us.

Even my girl -Zooey Deschanel rocks a faux mane!

                                             
                                                          With Extensions

Actual Hair

Actual Hair


With Extensions
My Actual Hair
With my Clip-in Extensions

Even I have rocked the extensions! In fact, I LOVE my clip in weaves.
They don't even have to cost you an arm and a leg. Granted you sometimes get what you pay for (if you know what I mean). However if getting extensions is something you are interested in, then let me know. I am happy to do a free consultation and tell you about the difference between ones that are sewn in, bonded and glued, as well as my favorite- the clip in. I can also help you find the perfect extensions.  I can also take you shopping so we can find your perfect clip-in extension and follow it up with an extension trim (often needed if you get higher end ones) and a tutorial on how to care for them and put them on. Email me for a quote Jen@styledbyjen.com



Make-Up Challenged?
I have noticed a trend lately, with my brides. They all seem to love their make-up and they all say "I could never do this at home." SURE YOU CAN. You under estimate the power of a make-up tutorial. I know it seems like a frivolous expense but learning to do your own make-up can change your life!


I am offering make-up tutorials for the bargain rate of $35/hr. Bring all of your make-up products. Everything you use and even the stuff that you have bought and haven't figured out how to use yet. We will also play with some of my products. We will talk about your current regime and what you can change to make the most of your time, products and schedule. Learn to do an easy under-10 minute face. So you always have a look and technique to fall back on. We'll talk about brushes verses fingers and sponges. The best make-up products for your face and skin type. By the end of the session you will be given all the knowledge you need to conquer your make-up fears.  I will walk and talk you through until we have it right. I'll also assess your make-up collection and help you figure out what is missing so you can get all the tools you will need.

Jen@StyledByJen.com or 917-660-3420

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions