Monday, March 19, 2012

This Reader Attempted Zooey Deschanel's Waves (Using Our How ...

The Story
Recently
This Reader Attempted Zooey Deschanel's Waves (Using Our How ...
Mar 19th 2012, 14:22

Monday, 03/19/2012 10:00 AM

Zooey Deschanel is one of those women with hair so freaking perfect that many of us dare not even dream of trying to replicate it. But just in case some brave soul among you did want to make the attempt, we recently posted a wavy hair how-to inspired by Zooey--and one reader not only followed it but sent us a pic of her results. Want to see?

Here's what reader Tamara had to say in her recent email to us. "My sister-in-law's sweet 16 was tonight, and for the occasion I tried to recreate the big voluminous curls that you posted about with Zooey and Beyonce as examples. Well, I don't think my hair came out QUITE that well but it did come out gorgeous!"

So first, here's the Zooey pic we ran with the how-to.

1005-zooey_deschanel_perfect_hair_bd.jpeg

And now here's Tamara with her Zooey-esque waves.

0319-reader_waves_bd.jpg

Gorgeous is right!

Should you now be tempted to try the look yourself, here are a few additional details on how Tamara got the look, in her own words: "I parted my hair deep on one side then curled small sections with a curling iron. The top I divided into three sections and curled last, instead of putting in rollers (since I don't have any). This picture is about 3.5 hours after I curled but you can see they held up pretty well, at least on the bottom. I used Redken Outshine Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk and then sprayed each curl with Fekkai Sheer Hold Hairspray after it came out of the curling iron. After I was done curling my whole head, I flipped my hair upside down and back again to slightly separate the curls and keep the volume. So happy with the results!"

What do you think of reader Tamara's attempt at Zooey's waves? Have any of you tried to get this hairstyle? What tricks worked/didn't work for you?

Photo: Getty Images

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions