Saturday, March 17, 2012

What Brought You Here? Welcome! « My Ideal Woman…

The Story
Recently
What Brought You Here? Welcome! « My Ideal Woman…
Mar 17th 2012, 23:49

I thought it might be fun to put up a post dedicated to welcoming those visitors who arrived at my blog through a search engine link, and since WordPress is awesome enough to compile a list of searches that brought people here, they make it easy!

I'm going to address the highest ranked searches that brought people here first, and then I'll wrap things up with some really odd searches…

"public display of affection" (585)  + "public displays of affection" (76)
Awww!  Fellow fans of PDA unite!  I'm hoping that many of the people who find My Ideal Woman this way come back and visit.  I suspect their searches take them to my blogpost …She'd Enjoy Public Displays of Affection.

"zooey deschanel naked"  (588)
Yes, Zooey is adorable and I imagine she's rather hot with no clothes on… but I can't help but think that New Girl has diminished her "lust appeal" a bit.  Don't get me wrong—I love the show, but the character Jess more evokes the urge to hug and cuddle her rather than tearing off clothes and getting down to business.  Or am I wrong here?

That said… I imagine the many folks who entered that search were rather disappointed in my blog.  Sorry, guys (and some gals)!

"hannah simone" (402) + "hannah simone new girl" (30)
The other New Girl girl, Ms. Simone's character on the other hand certainly evokes the urge to tear off clothes and get down to business.  The really cool thing is learning that Hannah Simone is not just a hot woman, but she's quite worldly and educated.  Born in London, spent her early childhood in Canada, then lived several years in Saudi Arabia, then lived in Cyprus and India before moving back to Canada.  She's got a bachelor's in International Relations and Political Science from the University of British Columbia before getting a bachelor's in Radio and Television Arts from Reyerson University.  She's been a model, a researcher for a book by a former Foreign Affairs minister, then worked supporting the Model UN program and serving as a human rights and refugee officer.  Then she moved into a career in media and eventually landed a gig on New Girl.

"kat dennings"  (289) + "kat dennings hot"  (125) + "kate dennings" (26)
I love 2 Broke Girls, it's such an irreverent pleasure that is unabashedly written by adults for adults.  I appreciate comedic humor that hasn't been PG-13 sanitized nor soaked in stupid potty humor.  I also love Kat Dennings who stands right up there with Christina Hendricks as a totally hot woman with bodacious curves, the kind of body you just want to get lost in.  There are way too few woman like them in Hollywood these days.

"the pixies" (335)
I wrote a post called Following the Pixies that people hit on.  It's good to know that there is still lots of love for The Pixies out there!  It warms my heart that I get multiple visits to my blog each day with this search.  Part of me hopes that My Actual Ideal Woman will find me this way.

"lost in translation"  (320)
I find it cool that I often get visits each day on this search too.  Lost in Translation is such a great movie and it warms my heart that so many people think about it so often.  I wrote about watching the movie again recently and reposted a movie review I originally wrote when watching the movie for the first time here

"my ideal woman"  (116)
I'm curious what people are looking for when they punch in that search, and what they might think of my blog?  I suspect it's not exactly what they're looking for…

"ryan gosling ideal woman"  (53)
Now, the people who searched for this I suspect are women and while I'm certainly not as handsome as Ryan Gosling I'm certainly glad to have them stumble here and maybe look around.  I wrote a littla bout Mr. Gosling in my review for the movie Crazy, Supid, Love, and I think that maybe his character must have said something about his "ideal woman" in it?  I can't recall.

"insane hips "  (51) + "her insane hips" (17)
First of all, it cracks me up that people are searching for "insane hips" and somehow that leads them to my blog.  I did write a great ode to women's hips ( …She'd Have Curves, Part 2) and posted some really sexy pictures of women's hips in it, but I don't know that I'd call any of them "insane." 

"nude people kissing lesbian on the lips and having sex with thier brasts showing"  (3)
Another highly amusing thing to find on my searches… first of all I don't think I have any pics of lesbians kissing (or having sex) on this blog… but it cracks me up that someone put this search in 3 times — "brasts" misspelling and all — and ended up on my blog?

"erotic freak woman"  (3)
Seriously?  I'm guessing all three of these people were sorely disappointed with my blog because there has been a dearth of erotic freak women in my life for a long, long time…

"my wife gets too angry with me impatient and drinks alcohol"  (3)
I punched this into Google to see how in the world this search led to my blog and couldn't find it… though I suppose I've written about my ex-wife and I've written about drinking so…

"pert"   (3)
One of the English language's most amusing words.  I'm fairly certain I've never actually used the word on my blog, so again the searches are a mystery!

"kat orgasms a quick one while we can"  (3)
Now one of the pleasures of 2 Broke Girls is their pervasive use of very adult, sexual-tinged humor, so I presume somebody must have heard Kat Dennings say something about quick orgasms?  And searched for it 3 times and landed on my blog?

"ホープデイビス" (2)
These characters were an interesting mystery, but they end up translating into "Hope Davis" (I wrote about her in my movie review for The Matador).

"why does carol on the walking dead shave her head" (1)
Yeah, a lot of us wonder that too… it may be a moot point if she gets eaten by zombies in the season finale tomorrow…

"right there oh yes oh god sex" (1)
I suspect this leads to the blogpost I wrote about a woman I dated who had orgasmic feet

"feb 18 ben kissing woman" (1)
What?  I don't remember that one damn it!

"major histocompatibility complex love" (1)
I'm not sure what this person was looking for, but I guess he found my blogpost "Failing the Sniff Test?"

"www.raw hard suck.com" (1)
I have no idea how this search led to my blog… don't know what it leads to…

"Фильм где девушка влюбляется в воровку" (1)
This translates to "film where the girl falls in love with the thief."  Hm, not sure I've written about such a film, so how did he land here?

This was fun… pretty amusing to see how people get to your blog through various web searches.  What brought you here to My Ideal Woman the first time?  What are some of the weirdest searches you've run across for your own blog?

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions