Thursday, April 5, 2012

Unlikely Duets. « * A Twinkle of Brilliance *

The Story
Recently
Unlikely Duets. « * A Twinkle of Brilliance *
Apr 5th 2012, 22:52

Unlikely Duets.

I am a sucker for a good duet myself. My sister and I sing them all of the time, we hunt them down, we blast them in the car and take turns singing the different parts… I am also thrilled when I get to sing alongside of a male voice, such as my friend Dustin-it is just so fun! Male and female duets are my fave. When it's right, it's as if magic walked into the room…it just does something to me from the inside out. I especially like surprise duets! When there are two people I would never have thought to put together that shock me and leave me so happy :) I have a handful of favorites…here we go:

City+ Colour meets Pink

I was really surprised by how much I loved this. They blend so well and they sound INCREDIBLE! Both of them have fabulous voices…Pink has such a different style usually, and I love that she toned it down and actually showed us what her voice could do melodically. This is such a beautiful song.

Gwyneth Paltrow meets Huey Lewis

The 80′s icon and the sweet-faced actress girl…and how appropriate-this is actually from the movie Duets, which, truth be told, I hated. Ha ha ha… I do have a love for Gwyneth that I cannot explain. I just like her. And Huey Lewis??!!! I only wish The News had played a part too!! This is one of my fave karaoke go-tos, when I can find a poor sap to sing it with me ;)

Norah Jones meets Q-Tip

I think Norah's entire "…featuring Norah Jones" album is incredible. It is in my top ten fave albums. I love this collaboration because it takes you out of the typical "Norah box". I like that she collaborated with Q-Tip and it works so fluidly! Such a fun thing…I think they sound great together!

Ryan Adams meets Mandy Moore

I love this view!! As if I am sitting in the audience…can't beat that! Ryan Adams indeed met Mandy Moore. In fact, they're married now. I saw Ryan a few months ago with my friend Shauna in Denver and was pretty much speechless the whole time…I love married couples that can make music  together and this is one of my fave Ryan originals. Lovely.

Tony Bennett meets Lady Gaga

I heart Tony Bennett!! "The Way You Look Tonight" is a classic…he's so classic himself. I was worried when he went Gaga, but I am so glad he did!! I think they sound so crazy fun together!! Gaga can sing for sure. My feeling about this is similar to Pink-I love that she is going old school and singing a swinging ballad and not a trashy pop song. I do like some Gaga, but this added some class to her act. Win.

Robert Plant meets Alison Krauss

This video is a bit nutty. I dig their sound together too!! It's a fun mix of Plant's rock influence and Alison's epic bluegrass sound. They are having a blast and you can tell…they have several songs they do together that I love, including "Polly Come Home".

Rascal Flatts meet Natasha Bedingfield

I had to put this in there. I know it's not as unlikely, as Rascal brings country and pop together most of the time and Natasha is a pop girl. I do love this though. They compliment each other so well! I love Natasha…ever since she did some recording for Call+Response, I have had a greater respect and love for her. Plus, If I could look like anyone in Hollywood, it would be her or Rachel McAdams…ha ha ha….

Zooey Deschanel meets Joseph-Gordon Levitt

I guess not unlikely, but so flipping cute, it makes me a little sick to my stomach…in a good way…ha ha ha…

AND…just for fun and because I love both, we'll end withHugh Jackman meets Neil Patrick Harris

Too. Funny.

Embrace the unlikely and live your life brilliantly!

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions