Saturday, January 19, 2013

Best Dressed Women of the 70th Annual Golden Globes 2013 « The ...


We all know I love awards shows and awards show fashion so I won’t say it again. Lets get this show on the road.


Now I don’t particularly put these in order but I will start with my pick for Best Dressed of the whole night.


Best Dressed

Kate Hudson in Alexander McQueen


20130120-124911.jpg


20130120-124921.jpg

It’s so stunning I’ll post 2 pictures. I absolutely LOVE this dress!!! While some people would think her hair needs to be up I love it down. I am someone who very very very rarely wears her hair up. I would have done the exact same thing. It just works for Kate. She is effortless. This is BEAUTIFUL! Hands down best dressed. I love the gold detailing. It is made to perfect and suits her so well. Winner!


Jennifer Garner in Vivianne Westwood


20130120-125607.jpg

Jennifer hardly puts a fashion foot wrong with me. My favourite colour is red and I love a bit of glitz and this reminds me of a modern day Jessica Rabbit dress. The fabric flows so well. This is perfection for Jennifer. I love that later at the In Style party she literally let her hair down. Gorgeous. The up do is nice and not to severe.


Kristen Bell in Jenny Packham


20130120-125923.jpg

I have never seen Kristen Bell look so good. She looks incredible!! This mana to be is absolutely glowing and this colour is divine on her. I love the detailing of the Jewell’s around the chest an under the bust. The back is also beautiful with the Jewell’s traveling down to the train. Her hair is styled to perfection and her make-up is flawless. This is Amazing!! A+++


Zooey Deschanel in Oscar De La Renta


20130120-130333.jpg

I love pretty much everything that Zooey wears and this beautiful red De La Renta is added to my list. I love her 50′s style. It works so well for her. I love a bit of vintage and Zooey works the look so well. The shade of red is amazing against her skin tone and the pearls and pony tail finish it off with class.


Nicole Kidman in Alexander McQueen


20130120-130741.jpg

Love, love, love! When fellow Aussie Nicole gets it right she gets it RIGHT. She looks statuesque and damn chic. The makeup, the hair, modern and cool. The dress is fantastically constructed. The corset like top is tapered beautifully. This is how you do modern gowns. Designers take note! Fabulous!!


Julianna Margulies in Pucci


20130120-131139.jpg

I have been a fan of Julianna’s since I was a kid watching E.R. Now I don’t watch the good wife (I know what’s wrong with me), but this woman is stunning. Her dark hair, the eyebrows, flawless. This dress is like it was made for her and her only. I love lace and I love black lace even more. This is great! My favourite moment of the whole awards telecast was on the red carpet when George Clooney vane up to day hi to Julianna while Ryan Seacrest was interviewing her. Doug Ross & Carol Hathaway forever!


Kerry Washington in Miu Miu dress and Prada shoes


20130120-131605.jpg

I adore this on Kerry. I normally don’t like the 2 length dressed but this I will make an exception for. The colour is divine against her skin and the detailing is beautiful. Other women would wear this and it would tacky but Kerry makes this look classy and elegant with a modern twist. The hair is also straightened to perfection. Love it!


Isla Fisher in Reem Acra


20130120-131900.jpg

Another fellow Aussie doing us proud. This is gorgeous! I love the colour on her. The tan is nice and bronze without being overdone and the detailing of this dress is amazing. I love the side swept hair and minimal makeup with minimal jewellery. Young starlets take note.


Clare Danes in Versace


20130120-132227.jpg

Amazing! Can you believe she had a baby one month ago! Yeah me either.

The red is stunning, the gather is pulled in to give her a beautiful silhouette and that brooch on the side is delicate yet creates a tiny but of drama to the dress. Again I love the hair out and the makeup is gorgeous. Love Clare.

Angela Chase would sure win Jordan Catalano in this dress. Hehe!


Megan Fox in Dolce and Gabbana


20130120-132515.jpg

Seriously! Megan would look good in a potato sack. This is gorgeous. The colour is great and I love that’s its styled so elegantly. Gorgeous!


Lea Michele in Ellie Saab


20130120-132726.jpg

While I think Lea is maybe a little too tanned you cannot fault this dress. I love Ellie Saab and this is constructed beautifully. The split is not too high and it pulls in at the waist at exactly the right spot on Lea. I also love the look of a halter neck. My favourite style. The hair is gorgeous and those emerald earrings, forget about it. Well done lea. She always looks gorgeous.


Guilianna Rancic in Celia Kritharioti


20130120-133108.jpg

This is kind of amazing. The choker effect at the neckline is almost medieval looking and the lace and velvet is stunning. I think this dress is perfect on Guilianna. Her hair is in a funky messy up-do with a cute black and crystal headband. Love it. A great up and coming Greek designer. I’m a bit bias because a Greek made it I guess. But I love it!


Jessica Alba in Oscar De La Renta


20130120-133940.jpg

Jessica always looks cool and elegant and this is no exception. The coral colour is amazing on Jessica’s skin tone. Her ombré hair is to die for and those Jewell’s! Omg! The coral lip is stunning on her as well. She is so elegant and sweet. I love it!


Alyssa Milano designer unknown


20130120-134719.jpg

Now I know a lot of people don’t like this dress but I’ve been a fan of Alyssa’s since I was a kid watching Who’s The Boss. She can really do no wrong in my eyes. I like the colour in her, I like the embellished belt, the drape on the back is beautiful, the clutch is cool, and the turquoise earrings are stunning. What can I say in some pics it doesn’t look the best but when you saw her move on the carpet it looked great.





Source:


http://thesapphirereport.wordpress.com/2013/01/20/best-dressed-women-of-the-70th-annual-golden-globes-2013/






The News from http://cooleyzooey.blogspot.com