Saturday, February 25, 2012

Little Girl Trapped In The Closet: Whitney, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl ...

The Story
Recently
Little Girl Trapped In The Closet: Whitney, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl ...
Feb 25th 2012, 07:48

Yes, I am a TV addict. Today, I am gonna talk about Whitney, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl and Raising Hope. The first three are new shows and Raising Hope is doing its season.

First's off, rating (out of 10) / cancellation table index (higher, more dangerous).
Whitney: 4.6 / 2.91
Raising Hope: 8.3 / 2.51
New Girl: 7.8 / 1.71
2 Broke Girls: 7.1 / 1.46

Funny, because I think Whitney is actually the best show (out of the four) and it's almost certain that it will get cancelled. Let's compare these shows:

  • Whitney: Well, Cummings is not the best actress, but the show is my taste (call me bad taste, i don't care). I realize when I watch a show, I care more about the story than the casts, acting and CGI/graphic effect. Whitney (show, not the person) is smart. It's girl humor. I love Roxanne character. The show is about relationship. Those three main girls show different periods of a woman's life - afraid of commitment, in love/engaged and divorce/still searching for love. 
  • Raising Hope: It's a funny show. Watched this since season 1. The baby is not longer cute, but it's getting deeper into the character. I am glad that Sabrina and Jimmy is finally together! And last episode, Sabrina and Jimmy promise to share everything, no lie. It's very true and I really like it. Similar storyline happens in Whitney too and I think Whitney's way of putting it is better.
  • 2 Broke Girls: This show is also created by Whitney Cummings. It's a great show! Again, girl humor! But i definitely like Whitney better because although I love Kat Dennings's Max, I don't like Caroline. She kinda annoys me. They are also introducing more and more new characters, which often will backfire. At first, I do feel like it's a rip-off of Penny's story from The Big Bang Theory, but now, I am saving my money for my own coffee shop so I can kinda related to the story. It's also weird that although they sold a few cup cakes last week (on screen), the money count didn't change...
  • New Girl: I like Zooey Deschanel, but this is not a good comedy. I found myself in her character, doing dumb stuff, but the writing is kinda unrealistic and that Nick guy really annoys me. I hope it will get cancelled, but it's mostly likely gonna be renewed due to high rating. One of the reason why this show gets high number is because it has Zooey and people watch Glee and Raising Hope (this show is right between the two shows).

One bonus point: Raising Hope and New Girl are from FOX and they are not filmed in front of live studio audience, so they dont have annoying laugh track. Some people like it without, some people like it with. I like it without. Corner Gas didn't have laugh track and still, we all laugh watching it because I don't need someone to tell me when to laugh.


So, overall, my rating (most liked to least liked) -> Whitney, Raising Hope, 2 Broke Girls, New Girl

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions