Monday, February 27, 2012

Recent Drama January-February 2012

The Story
Recently
Recent Drama January-February 2012
Feb 28th 2012, 05:20

Lucy Rose
Lucy Rose at the El Rey / photo by David Greenwald

2012: the year my fingers fall off, probably. Not a complaint. (Almost a complaint.) Highlights: covering the Grammys for Billboard, making my Village Voice debut, writing about a lot of great British TV for Billboard, writing a lot of album reviews and spending a week offering what's hopefully the most exhaustive writing yet on my favorite band, the Softies. I had the pleasure of writing my first press bio, for Ravens & Chimes' excellent (and long-delayed) Holiday Life. And I taught myself enough HTML and CSS to rebuild Rawkblog from the ground up, so I guess I can add "web designer" to my resume. Greatest hits:

January:
* Zooey Deschanel Files For Divorce From Ben Gibbard (Billboard)
* Beyond Downton: Five UK Shows to Watch Now (GQ)
* Review: Seeker Lover Keeper – s/t (A.V. Club)
* The Buzz On: Michael Kiwanuka (MTV)
* New Video: Arctic Monkeys featuring Richard Hawley, 'You and I' (MTV)
* Review: First Aid Kit – The Lion's Roar (eMusic)
* Review: Nada Surf – The Stars Are Indifferent to Astronomy (A.V. Club)
* L.A. Unheard: Moostache's Steely Rock (Los Angeles Times)
* Review: Hospitality – Hospitality (A.V. Club)

February:
One Week One Band: The Softies (a week of covering my favorite band @ One Week One Band)
L.A. Unheard: Electric Guest Make Themselves a Funky Home (Los Angeles Times)
Review: Of Montreal – Paralytic Stalks (A.V. Club)
* Chairlift And Das Racist Cover Beyonce's 'Party,' It's As Awesome As You Expect (MTV)
* Guess The Tweet: @LanaDelRey Or @Horse_Ebooks? (Village Voice)
* Grammys 2012: Adele Makes a Clean Sweep on Somber Night (Billboard)
* Grammys 2012: 19 Things You Didn't See on TV (Billboard)
* The Buzz on: FIDLAR (MTV)
* Review: Shearwater – Animal Joy (A.V. Club)
* Review: Tennis – Young & Old (A.V. Club)
* Review: Field Music – Plumb (eMusic)
* Noise Pop: Flaming Lips, Bob Mould Salute Festival's 20th Anniversary (Billboard)
* Review: Sleigh Bells – Reign of Terror (A.V. Club)

On Rawkblog:
* 2012: 8 Bands to Watch
* A Brief 2012 State of Rawkblog

On Rawktumblr:
* I tried (and failed) to launch a viral blog about talking to cats
* On criticism and when appearance matters
* Wonderful parody blog Thinking Catalog tweets at me
* Brief Thoughts on Uniqueness

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions